Join a team of creatives working hard for worthy causes. We need your problem-solving skills, clear communication, and ability to see the forest and the trees. Ideally, you enjoy creating an environment in which all team members thrive and guiding clients through the process to deliver thoughtful and efficient results.
Digital Project Managers at openbox9 are
- Empathetic to the experience of nonprofit clients. You set clear expectations and effectively explain how things work, bringing calm to stressful moments, and grounding decisions in real-life implications.
- Proactive to see and meet needs. You are a trust-worthy guide, forging a trail for our team and clients, creating opportunities for the strengths of others to shine (and making sure everyone has snacks). You know how to foster a creative environment of focus and fun. You are a critical thinker who has vision to anticipate what happens next and set everyone up for success (which sometimes means taking out the trash).
- Consistent in communication. You bring clarity to ambiguity. You speak, and type, clearly with a positive attitude and desire for connection. You have the right words for the right moment and are not shy to offer encouragement.
- Collaborative in sustainable problem-solving. You can transition between various roles and responsibilities, bringing the right people together at the right time to make things happen. You can discern when to pass the ball and when to carry it to the hoop.
- Organized in your systems. You can plan and execute a process while adapting to ever-changing circumstances. You have experience managing multiple projects simultaneously and can cater to the particular needs of each without losing sight of the whole enchilada. You also know when a system is not working and can creatively course-correct.
- Experienced in the process of website design and development. You have collaborated with a creative team to bring a website strategy to life. You understand the value of user experience and the necessity of accessibility. You are used to an iterative refinement process and can test solutions against goals and expectations.
The Digital Project Manager will be primarily responsible for
- Providing excellent client services with timely communication, empathetic support, and efficient follow-up
- Collaborating with strategists, designers, and developers throughout projects to ensure the team is setup for success
- Assigning tasks to team members, reviewing progress, communicating status reports, maintaining calendars, and taking initiative to solve problems
- Contributing to workflow processes and adjusting company workload in ways that improve the efficiency, effectiveness, and enjoyment of our work
- Coordinating asset collection, project documentation, and schedules
- Managing office activities, resources, and documentation
- Maintaining company operational tasks and fostering a creative and efficient environment
- 3-5 years as Project Coordinator/Manager, Account Management, Website Manager, Office Manager, Administrative Assistant, or equivalent role
- Demonstrated ability to concurrently manage multiple projects
- Technical research capabilities and understanding of web development
- Currently living in DC metro area – Openbox9 has a hybrid in-office and home-office expectation for collaboration. For a sustainable work environment, it’s recommended that you live within 30-40 minutes of the DC office. If you are not local to DC but plan to move here on your own, please note that to us otherwise your application may not be reviewed.
Make sure to tell us about your experience with any of the following
- Management of WordPress websites – making content edits within a WordPress CMS, understanding of the basics of the Gutenberg block editor, etc.
- Marketing, Communication, or Social Media management
- Copy-writing and editing
- Formal or informal teaching experiences
- Video Production
- Business and Sales understandings
- Analytics and SEO strategies and reporting
- Any addititional creative or techincal skills and endeavors
What about us you say?
We are a small but mighty studio in the Brookland neighborhood of Washington, DC. Our work to provide communication solutions ranges from branding, web design, print media, online marketing, search engine optimization, and web development. Take some time to look around our site…
How to apply
Ready to work in an environment that will challenge you with exciting and fast-paced responsibilities? Ready to have fun innovating and collaborating for worthy causes?
We are ready to hear from you – via email.
Send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com